Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Say a little prayer

So, not an awful lot has been going on here at the Walls house. It sounds funny to me to actually say that because people think that with four kids our life would be constant chaos. But, I guess it is possible that my "normal" days would be considered crazy in other households. Matt has even been out of town for a couple days...but I got to tag along for the first part of the trip, so maybe that day away kinda refreshed me and so things did not seem as hectic to me when I got back.

Anyways, even though things seem pretty smooth here at our house, I feel like I am surrounded by people who are really having a rough time right now. Weighing epecially heavy on my heart this week is a friend of ours that used to be in our small group. She has a child that was born with quite a few problems and he has been doing great but he had to have a pretty invasive surgery on his neck and he has really been struggling in the hospital trying to recover. They had to fly to Maryland for the surgery - away from their older children and all their family & friends. It is hard to even imagine what they are going through and how their hearts must be so heavy for their baby boy - all I can say is that I have been praying and thinking of them each and every day. I am going to post the link to their website because I know that some of you know Tom & Brandie and you may want to read about their journey and maybe even post some words of encouragement for them -
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamesmcneal

Just remember - be thankful for all that God has blessed you with and always lift those up who may be struggling....sometimes prayer and words of encouragement are the most precious thing you can offer a friend.

No comments: