Tuesday, April 15, 2008

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Well, since I am trying to avoid sugars and basically all food that tastes great, I thought I could at least write about my favorite "bad" treats. What inspired me to blog about tasty treats, was an awesome cake I had the other night. I mean this cake was rockin'!! I seriously could have eaten like 4 pieces....It was a key lime cake made by my friend Jennifer. I am hoping that she will be nice enough to leave me a comment which will include the recipe to this delicious cake. I doubt that I will ever seriously venture out and try to make it, but maybe one of you crafty mamas can make it as a treat for your family.



The key lime cake recently took over my number one spot in my favorite desserts, but another treat that comes in a close second is Ghirardelli brownies - really anything Ghirardelli is soooo yummy, but these brownies are the best. They are called double chocolate brownies and you can get them at pretty much any supermarket. I became such a big fan of Ghirardelli chocolate because they have a store in Downtown Disney and they serve a chocolate brownie sundae that is out of this world. I make sure to get one (or two) each time we go to Disney. So, instead of actually eating all this stuff, I just wrote about them, posted pictures of them, thought about how awesome they taste....man, I am really hungry right now :) :) :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Tucker said...

Here's the recipe for the Key Lime Cake. It's actually my sister's recipe (I think she got it from her husband's grandmother who is evidently an amazing cook). It's really not hard to make, I just didn't read through all the directions before I went shopping for ingredients, so I ended up having to go back to the store two times to get everything I needed (make sure you get lime juice (if you can't find lime juice, which I couldn't, you can just buy limes and squeeze out the juice) and powdered sugar...they're not listed in the ingredients, but you need them :) ) And this is definitely not a low fat snack...you really have to use real cream cheese and real butter to get the best taste.

Key Lime Cake

1 box lemon cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup orange juice
1 small box lime jello
Lime juice
1 lb box of Powdered sugar

Beat together eggs, oil, and orange juice. Add cake mix and lime jello. Beat (some lumps will still be visible) for 3 minutes. Pour into 3 9-in greased and floured pans. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Immediately after removing cake from oven, mix 3 Tbsp lime juice and 3 Tbsp powdered sugar. Pour over hot cakes in pans. Let cakes cool a few minutes and turn out onto cooling racks.

Icing:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar

Cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add rest of 1 pound box of powdered sugar and beat till smooth. Ice cake and store in refrigerator.

Robin said...

Thank you so much Jennifer!! Maybe one day I will get really brave and try to make it. If anyone tries out the recipe, let me know how it turns out.
Robin

Jennifer Tucker said...

I forgot to mention one thing (which I found out the hard way)...this is a very delicate cake, it breaks apart really easy, so you have to be really careful taking it out of the pan and moving it to layer it (it's a good think it's all covered in icing, because my was terribly covered in cracks!!) :)

Andrea said...

i will definitely make this cake!!!
andrea