Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brody the Great

My 3 year old son Brody is one crazy dude. He can say the funniest things (usually at the worst times). For example, the other day, we were at Chick-fil-A (shocking, right?) and a cute little girl was sitting right across from us. She had the most beautiful brown skin and long black hair. Well, all of a sudden, Brody shouts out, "Look mom, its Mulan!!" And he said it very loudly - so, of course, I start the whole "Be quiet Brody - that is not Mulan...." Meanwhile, Matt is laughing so hard he is crying.

Later that day, I took Brody to Publix with me and he saw an older man walking toward us and he shouts out, "Look mom, its Dr. Phil." I had to laugh at that one. He has always had a slight obsession with Dr. Phil. Everytime I would watch it when he was little, he would point to the television and say, "PaPa!!" Is is just funny to me that he always has to associate the way someone looks or acts with a person that he knows.

Not only is he obsessed with the way a person looks, but with the way they are dressed. We came home yesterday and our neighbor was working in her yard in her bikini top and shorts - he yelled out that she was naked - so, of course, I had to lecture him and tell him not to yell that out loud when we get out of the car. He just started laughing and said, "She is naked, mom."

So, I often wonder what this obsession with people and their traits/characteristics is predicting about Brody's future?? Who knows - but for know it definitely keeps us alert, aware, & sometimes concerned about what he will say about the next person that walks by.....Gotta love little kids and their tendency to "blurt out" the obvious!!

4 comments:

Billy Price said...

That's my Bobby Richards. I can't wait to see crazy man in a few days.

Robin said...

Maybe you will get to experience the joy of having him comment on some random stranger while you are hanging out with him...I am sure you will LOVE that!!

Andrea said...

brody and luke are 2 peas in a pod. they always keep it exciting (or at least interesting) for us :-)

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff, I'm glad I'm not the only mom walking around wondering what will pop out of one my boys' mouths! Actually one of the reasons I started a blog a few years ago was to share and remember funnies from the boys!... I copy and past my entries into a word document so that I'll have those moments one day to reminensce about.