Friday, April 18, 2008

Ebay Loser

My CHI flatening iron broke the other day so I needed to buy a new one. I called my hairstylist and she said they run about $100....I was going to go ahead and order it, but I remembered that a friend of mine had found one on Ebay for around $70 - so, I decided to try and bid on one and get it for a little bit cheaper than $100. Well, I bid on a couple but I would always lose out in the last minute. I just was not fast enough with my mouse....I need to work out my "clicking" finger and get it in better shape if I am going to keep playing on Ebay.

Anyway, it looked like they always ended up going for between $60 & $70, so I just went to the "Buy it Now" store and found one for $60. I figured I might as well just buy it and quit messing with all the bidding nonsense. So, I was happy and I got my CHI for a great price. Well, I get on the computer today to check and make sure everything went through with the purchase and I see that I "won" another flat iron...What?? I guess we had bid on one and just assumed we would not win, but, of course, we did. And I won it for $59!! So, my goal of saving money was really shot because in the end I spent $140 (with shipping and all) - granted, I did get two CHI irons for that price but I did not really need two....

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know someone that needs a new flat iron :) :) :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This would soooooo happen to me!!

Paige said...

how much do you want for it?
cause i've been wanting a chi

Robin said...

I would sell it for $75 - that would cover the money I had to spend on shipping and handling too. If no one ends up buying it, I will just hold on to it....I am sure I will wear this one out too!!

Andrea said...

do you still have it? i just started looking into getting one.

andrea