Monday, April 14, 2008

Gag me with a spoon

Ok, so I decided that I wanted to try to lose a few more pounds before we head to the beach next month - probably because I went swimsuit shopping and I left the store totally depressed. Especially when I tried on one tankini top and I could not for the life of me get it back over my head. Then I looked at the tag and it was two sizes smaller than what I thought - talk about a total freak out moment. I just knew I would have to call Matt and tell him I was stuck in a really small swimsuit and I could not get out of it. I actually left Kohl's and headed straight to Kroger to get "healthy" food. Well, I decided to try Slimfast for the first week....and it was totally disgusting. I got the cappucino kind and I seriously thought I would hurl if I took another drink. I mean I want to look good and all but I am not willing to drink that nasty stuff in order to do it. Just thinking of the taste makes me shudder.

So, since I don't really do diets, I am just eating more fruits and healthy snacks. Trying my best to avoid all the sugars (that should last like 2 days). But, I did get some Fiber One bars and let me recommend those to you guys. They were so good - just like a candy bar to me. I am always searching for healthy snacks that actually taste good. I am thinking of trying some smoothies made with low fat yogurt & fruit. That sounds yummy to my somewhat hungry tummy. Any healthy (but yummy) snack recommendations would be great....and I will share if I come across any other good finds.

3 comments:

Gina said...

How bout the Special K diet. Teehee.

Amy said...

Hey, Shane did get the card. I think it scared him when he first opened it. Me too, actually. Colby has loved listening to the chicken dance song all day and night. I think it's about time for the card to disappear.
Good luck with the healthy eating. Shane tried to pick foods that were healthy because he's trying to do better about eating healthy as well.
Amy

Unknown said...

Its been a while but I think the chocolate tastes lots better.
Good luck, maybe we can start walking in the mornings??
this is really CJ, I don't know why it put Shay??