Friday, April 11, 2008

Be thankful

I talked to one of my friends tonight who is going through a really tough time in her life right now. I won't really go into specific details but my heart is really broken for her right now. I aked her is there was anything I could do for her and she said, "Yeah, you could switch lives with me..." After talking with her, I had to stop and take an inventory on my own life and realize how blessed Matt and I really are in our lives right now. It seems like sometimes I let the little things get me down and it really takes a phone call like the one I had tonight to really make me put things in perspective. I just wished I could remember this great life lesson when it is 2am and Kassidy won't stop crying (at least she is a healthy, happy baby).....or when I am running back & forth to the doctor for ear infections or asthma problems (my kids could be seriously ill)....or even when Matt is getting on my last nerve (we could have a struggling marriage that lacks love & real commitment). I am sure you get the point....so, I encourage you to stop and think about how blessed you really are and then say a prayer of thanks for all that God has blessed you with (and take a minute to say a prayer for my friend - she could really use it tonight!!)

No comments: