Wednesday, April 2, 2008

American Idol Fever


How many of you remember this crying machine from last season's American Idol?? I read somewhere that she is back - but this year she is turning on the waterworks for Jason Castro (the dreadlocks dude). This little girl absolutely drove me insane last season....literally, I had to change the channel or get up and leave whenever they would keep putting up shots of her in the audience just a boohooing. Still don't know why she bugged me so much but when I read that she was back I was not excited....


Anyway, as most of you know, my husband is an American Idol freak - it is so funny to me how he really gets so into each performance and now he even critiques each person right when they finish. He usually gives a "too self-indulgent" (Simon favorite) or "little bit pitchy" (Randy's catch phrase) or now if someone is really bad, we know to say "you look really nice tonight" (Paula's compliment when no other can be found). His favorite for this season is David Archuleta- the kid who looks like he is 12 and always about to cry. I like Brooke White - she has such a unique voice and she is just so geniune. I never have really cared for Kristy Lee Cook or even Carly Smithson ( I know she is a great singer but for some reason she just annoys me.)


Oh well, I guess I have just given into the fact that American Idol fever is now a part of the Walls household...I used to tease Matt about it but then I realized that he seriously loves this show. In fact, he might give the "crying girl" a run for her money after some of David Archuleta's performances. Ok, I'm in trouble now..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Brooke...throw in some David Cook, too.

Andrea said...

I think Matt just lives his dream through these people. You know he wants to be on that stage.