Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Give me Patience, Lord!!!

Still no computer here at our house...but I do feel like I am getting more accomplished around the house. Well, that is until today. Kassidy has probably cried more in the last 24 hours than she has ever cried in her whole life. She is usually the most content, sweet little girl who just spends all day exploring around the house. So, when I say she has cried a lot, I guess it may just feel like a lot because I really have rarely ever heard her cry. And I am so blessed to have a content, easy baby because I do not handle a lot of crying/fussing very well (which I am not proud of and I am constantly praying for more patience). I really struggle with having enough patience and realizing that she is crying because it is really her only way to communicate at this point. I usually end up calling for Matt as my backup because he has so much patience and always seems to calm her down in no time. Some of our friends jokingly refer to him as the Baby Whisperer.

Anyway, back to Kassidy's crying spells - I know that she is cutting her top two teeth. I can see them but they just have not made it all the way through. And on top of that, she is congested and has a runny nose/cough. So, basically, I think she is just miserable and can't get comfortable when it is time to lay down and sleep. So, hopefully, she will have a much better night tonight, but if not, I just pray that I can be a patient mom that can give her hugs & kisses at 2:30am!!

2 comments:

VJ said...

I know how hard it is to be compassionate when I am so tired. I have a hard time realizing that when one is sick they truly feel miserable. I tend to go, go, go and can't understand why others don't do the same.

My thoughts are with you as you reach for that extra measure of patience. I've been there.

Anonymous said...

The Baby Whisperer...that's funny.

That cutting teeth stuff is rough.

The blog is pretty sweet awesome, by the way.