Thursday, February 14, 2008

Deal or No Deal???

Does anyone else watch this show?? Well, I happen to like to watch it...but only because the level of greediness/stupidity is amazing to me. I always DVR it and then watch it later so that I can fast forward through all the parts that I consider useless. Matt and I will watch it together sometimes and I always end up getting so mad and saying "Ok, if he does not take the deal, I am never watching this show again." Of course, the guy does not take the deal and ends up leaving with like $10, when he could have left with $300,000. For some reason, it just really burns me up. It just amazes me that people get so caught up in the moment that they lose all sensibility. They are offered a ton of money but just knowing that there is a chance (no matter how slight) that they could leave with more makes them risk it all and usually end up leaving with a minimal amount.

Greed is a crazy thing that can totally change a person and the way they think/make decisions. I would hope that I would never let greed get the best of me (because it can be an ugly thing), but I am sure there have already been numerous time when greediness got to me and I made some really dumb choices. I just hope that I can learn from each situation and learn to be satisfied with what God has already blessed me with. And most importantly, I hope I can teach my kids how ugly greediness is and at the same time instill in them a geniune spirit of thankfulness. It sometimes seems like an overwhelming task (because kids by nature just tend to be greedy) but I know if I constantly remind them to be thankful for what they have, it will eventually sink in - at least by the time to go to college, right???

1 comment:

VJ said...

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing. I have seen parts of the show - mostly commericals and promos for it. I always wonder how anyone could be so willing to act like total fools on TV.