Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Time for Medicine???

I have spent the morning struggling with whether or not to give my sick little girl antibiotics....you probably think it would be an easy decision - usually when you have a sick kid, you give them medicine. But, Kenzie is a different story. She is highly allergic to both penicillin and omniceph, so there is really only one or two antibiotics that she can take. And I try so hard to save them up and only use the when she is really sick. I don't want her to build up a resistance to those couple she can take.


Anyway, she has been running a fever since Saturday, along with a nasty cough. I took her in on Monday and the doctor decided it was just a virus but to call her in a couple days if she did not get better. Fast forward to today - still not better. So, the doctor said it was time to try antibiotics. I went back and forth this morning on whether I should wait it out or just give her the medicine. Well, when she said she wanted me to go get the medicine (as she lay on the couch all pale and coughing), I decided to just do it and hope that I was making the best decision. Now, I feel so much better - the decision has been made and hopefully she will be up dancing and singing her Hannah Montana songs in no time.

1 comment:

VJ said...

Those are tough decisions to make. I haven't been in your position so I can't really fathom what it must be to have to decide what is best for your daughter and when.