Saturday, August 9, 2008

Waving the White Flag

Matt and I are finally throwing in the towel....we are standing up and waving our white flag. We officially surrender - this ticket is bigger than the both us of and we are tired of having this chip on our shoulders. So, after exhausting all of our "contacts" and trying every way we know to get rid of this huge fine....we have decided that we are just going to pay the dumb thing and write it off as a memory or I guess I should call it a lesson (a really expensive lesson), but a situation that we have learned from and will hopefully always avoid in the future. And I can guarantee you none of my friends will ever make this mistake either. So, not only am I more educated about highway safety but I have spread the knowledge to all my friends - you can thank me later for saving you 700 bucks!!

I know a lot of you think we should go to court and fight this thing, but we have a friend that decided to go to court and plead guillty but ask the judge to reduce his fine and lets just say it did not go as he had hoped. He actually walked away in a much bigger mess than he went to court with. And with the way this whole experience has been playing out, I am not willing to risk it. It has only seemed to get worse and worse. So, I am ridding myself of this burden (with my husband's blessing) and I am moving on...This county and police officer got what they wanted and hopefully that jailhouse I am paying for will turn out to be really nice. Maybe they will put my name on one of the bricks or something!!!

1 comment:

amydawsoncurls said...

I read your entry and if it were up to me, I would let you off, for sure!!! Actually, I went to court on Monday to serve my time as a juror, and if you decided to fight it, you could have a jury of your very own!!! You could even be your own lawyer, like a couple of the defendants, even though I really don't recommend that! And if you are paying for any part of the building, then request more benches for the courtroom so that the potential jurors and the defendants don't all have to sit together (stand up together) waiting for court proceedings!!! Like I said, I would let you off without a doubt, unfortunately, I would not be allowed to be your juror since you and I know each other. Sometimes waving the white flag is appropriate at times in life, even though it stinks. And thanks for the warning...hopefully, I won't fall into that "trap"!!!