Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Say No to Shopping!!

So, I am on a self-imposed spending freeze right now...ever tried to stick to one of those?? It is crazy how much I really "enjoy" spending money. Which I assume is probably not a positive characteristic to have....I am trying really hard to only buy stuff that we need and to stay away from the stuff that I want. (I am coming up with some clever ways to convince myself that I really "need" that new shirt or those new shorts!!) I went out with some friends last night and I found the cutest pair of plaid shorts....but, I am happy to report that I put them back and came home with no purchases. Man, those shorts were calling my name but I made it out of there empty-handed - probably because the store was closing and I only had like 2 minutes to debate the decision!!

I have to admit that I have cheated maybe a tad bit here and there, but I have only spent like $5 or $10 ... no major purchases and no clothes for my kids (which is my weakness!!) I am not sure how long I will be on my "freeze" but I think it has actually been good for me. I only committed to stop spending for a couple weeks and my time is almost up....so, if you see me at Target or Kohls and I look like a kid in a candy shop, then you better come and help me snap out of it. I give you permission to have a little intervention with me right there in the store. Just whisper "Move Over Law" in my ear and I will be slapped right back into reality!!

No comments: