Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Lure of a Clearance Rack


So, I am still trying to limit my spending - the "freeze" may be over but there is still a "chill" in the air!! I went to Kohls last night to pay my credit bill (it was only $19, which I thought was amazing in and of itself)....anyway, I got sucked in to the clearance racks - especially the one with swimsuits for almost 90%. Well, I made the mistake of trying on like 2 or 3 that I thought were really cute. I told myself I would just try them on to see how they fit (for those of you that read my blog, you will remember how I actuallly got "stuck" in a takini top back in the spring...) since I had lost a few pounds this summer and it would be fun to see if I could tell if the suits fit any better.

Well, they did fit better and I really liked the way one in particular fit. So, hence my dilema. The tankini set was only going to be a little over $13 total and for those of you that have bought a swimsuit at regular price, you know this is an awesome deal. You see, I spent like 6 weeks in the spring searching for a swimsuit that A) Looked good and B)I could afford. Well, I found this one in like 10 minutes and I loved how it looked and it was super affordable.

I ended up buying it but I still feel a little guilty. We are going on vacation in a few weeks so I will definitely use the swimsuit and I plan on wearing it next summer too. So, I feel like I made a good purchase that will benefit me in the long run. I know if I put it back, then when I go swimsuit shopping in the spring, I will be sick knowing that I could of had a cute suit for like 75% less than what I would end of paying. So, my shopping friends, my bargain hunter buddies - don't you agree that this was a wise financial decision when looking at the big picture?? I have pretty much decided to keep the suit, but I guess I am looking for a little reassurance that I made the right choice....I really am trying to be smarter with my money, I promise!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl...keep the suit!! It was a great deal and like you said...you will be kicking yourself next spring when the suits are $60+ and you can't find a single one that covers this and doesn't show that if you know what I mean. Think of it like this... you could have easily spent $13.00 on a yummy meal at Carabba's or maybe even a couple trips to Chick-fil-a now and have nothing to show for it 3 months from now OR spend it on this super cute bathing suit that you will use over and over again and remember getting such a great deal! It's funny-I was at Kohl's last night too and bought 3 bathing suits in the childrens dept for $14.00! You need to go back and stock up for the kids!! I think being wise with your money includes taking advantage of a great sale on items you know you will use!

Rachel said...

Keep it! You deserve it and Matt will like it on your vacation!!!

Robin said...

Thanks girls...keep it coming - Matt is still giving me a hard time but I am making him read the comments...I especially like the one about me "deserving it" :) :)

Andrea said...

I LOVE IT!!! Super cute. and you definitely deserve it. You are such a hard worker and always put others before yourself. You rarely get things for yourself. Matt is so lucky to have you. (Is he reading this :-) Seriously, I do love it, and it's a great buy...I need to find one!!