Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Over, Mr. Move Over!!!

I had my day in court...well, actually, I did not even have to make an appearance in court. I took a defensive driving course and so I stopped by the prosecutors office before my time in court to give him my paperwork. Well, it turns out he had the power to reduce my fine right there in his office. He dropped me from $700 to $346 and he took away all the points off my license. He even changed my ticket from the move over law violation to excessive speed for conditions or something like that.....I would say all in all that the day was a success!!

I am so happy to say it is all over...it still hurt a little bit to give the court $350 but knowing that I almost sent in $700....let's just say I am glad that clerk in Spaulding County pretty much told me I would be an idiot not to show up and try to get my fine reduced. It was a tad bit ironic because on the way home from court, we saw a HUGE sign on the highway that was warning people of the move over law and the fines that would be given if you fail to obey it! Just a little too late to help me out, but we got a good laugh out of it!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Ahhhhh, I can sleep again. Now, don't go out and spend the other $350 at Target.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a big difference in price! Just think, you got a 50% discount on your ticket...your shopping skills extend even to the law and are, therefore, without equal.

Robin said...

I asked Matt if I could have some money to spend - you know, as a celebration but for some reason he did not really go for it!!