Monday, January 14, 2008

Time for Myself???

It is soooo quiet at my house right now - my baby is sleeping, Kenzie & Brody are at their Grammy's house, and Micah is at school. And you know what is weird?? I almost don't know what to do with myself. My house is clean because we had small groups here last night. I am not really tired, so I am not feeling like a nap right now. There is really nothing on tv.....So, do you think this means that I may actually miss all the noise and chaos of my children?? Hey, I think it sounds crazy too. But sometimes I think we get so used to taking care of the kids, that when they are not around, we almost feel lost - kinda like, what do I do now? Don't get me wrong - I am never going to turn down the chance to have some "me" time or a chance to have a date night with my husband. I am just saying that I can kinda understand the whole "empty nest" thing and why some women are kinda in crisis when all their kids grow up and move out. But, according to Kenzie, we will never have that problem, because she said she plans on living with us for the rest of her life :) :) :)

Well, I just heard the baby crying, so I guess my dilema of what to do has been magically solved....somehow it seems like that always happens.

1 comment: