Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No Bunk Beds for you!!


For those of you that know Brody, this post will not come as a surprise. He is one crazy kid that is always full-speed ahead. When he was two years old, he fell out of a shopping cart at Target and broke both of the bones in his wrist. That is one of the few times that I have actually seen him be very still - only because he was in so much pain. Which brings me to today. My friend invited Brody to come over and play with her little girl today. She said everything went fine except for the fact that he fell off one of her bar stool because he was standing up on it and lost his footing. She has tile floors and so I assumed it probably hurt pretty bad, but she said he only cried for a minute and then went on to play more.


Well, while we were there eating lunch, I heard Kenzie kinda gasp and come running to get me. She said Brody had fallen from the top bunk bed...I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach and went running to check on him. But, before I could even get to him, he met me at the bottom of the stairs and was whining a little bit, but he was fine. I am serious when I say that Brody is so full of spunk, energy, and adventure, that it takes a major incident to really make him stop and slow down. But that is one of the qualities we love about him - his great ability to roll with the punches.


After the whole falling from the bed incident, my husband came to check on Brody, and the first thing I said was, "Well, I guess we are not getting bunk beds." We had been debating on whether we should buy them and our main reason for waiting was because we both assumed that Brody would inevitably fall from the top bunk or would voluntarily jump from the top. Guess we were right!!




1 comment:

VJ said...

We have a friend whose middle boy nearly hung himself to death by playing on the top bunk. I'm not sure how it happened, but he was pretending to be something/one (Tarzan perhaps?) and tried to swing from his bed. Only he slipped and somehow the cord ended up around his neck. Scary, Scary moment.

Yeah, I think I would agree to waiting on bunk beds.