Monday, September 22, 2008

My Accomplishments List

Ok, so I am tired of always focusing on what I did not get done during the day and all the stuff I have to get done the next day....so, I thought I would take a minute and make a list of all the things that I did get done today (no matter how trivial they may be....they were "accomplishments" - things that probably would not have gotten done if I did not do them!!)

1. Packed kid's lunches this morning - making a turkey sandwich at 7:30am is just not fun

2. Went to the bank - gotta have money to pay those bills

3. Got a friend's b-day card all ready to mail - only a month late!!

4. Changed two dirty diapers - fun, fun

5. Cleaned out the Yukon - wonder how old those fries really were??

6. Pulled weeds in the yard - so Matt would not feel like he had to mow the lawn tonight

7. Fed my kiddos - mini frozen pancakes do count as a meal, right?

8. Went running - gotta look good for my man

9. Did my Bible Study - and it was just what I needed..."Be still, and know that I am God!"

10. Updated my blog - and aren't you so glad I did :) :) :)

So, these things may not seem like huge accomplishments, but sometimes I think that we as wives/mothers forget that even the trivial, annoying, time-consuming things we do are very important to our families...just stop and think what would happen if you did not do some of the things on your list ...it would make a big difference in how smooth your day went for both you and those you take care of. In fact, if you have time, why don't you share your list of "accomplishments" for today....I think it would be encouraging to us all to see how great we are as moms and wives - time for a little pat on the back, don't ya think??