Friday, September 19, 2008

Money, Shmoney

So, is anyone stressed about the "finiancial crisis" that America seems to be in? I would say that I am concerned but not stressed. I mean, I really don't understand all the details and even what all the consequences are that we may face from the problems with the economy....but, I do understand that I am paying WAY TOO much for gas and WAY TOO much for some of my basic groceries and necessities. And, I know that pretty much every other news story is about another bank closing, the stock market crashing, or some person's house being forclosed on...but I guess I feel like the situation is somewhat out of my hands and there is not a whole lot I can do about it. I am trying to make better choices with my money and for the first time in a long time, I am really watching what I spend and stopping before I spend any money to ask myself if I really need whatever it is I am thinking of buying.

Sometimes I do catch myself worrying about the future, specifically sending four kids to college, but that is when Matt reminds me that all our kids will either have an academic scholarship or an athletic scholarship (can you tell he has big dreams for all our kids!!) Of course, I have peace in knowing that God is in control and He is most definitely going to take care of my family. I always try to remember that if he takes care of the little sparrow, he is always going to take care of me!! And, really, who wants to waste their day worrying about money....I sure don't....I would rather enjoy all that I do have and when I stop to think about it, I am so blessed and have plenty to be thankful for!

No comments: