Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A mind of his own

Well, things around the Walls house have been pretty low key these last few days....that is, except for Brody-man. He is definitely going through "a stage" - exactly what stage, that I am not quite sure of. He is so strong-willed and so determined to do things his way. He is the type of child that is either being cute, sweet, and hilarious or he is being mean, disobedient, and defiant. There is really no inbetween for him.

Things seemed to have gotten a little more intense since Kassidy has been around. He definitely seems jealous of her and so he is always doing things to get our attention - like hitting her, pushing her, pinching her....whatever it takes to get us all upset and flustered. He is so starved for attention - now, he even refuses to be out of my sight for more than 5 minutes. Of course, I feel guilty and I know that I do focus more on the baby and he gets less attention than he is accustomed to, but his tactics to get my attention are so very frustrating. So, we are trying very hard to find a happy medium where we can spend more one on one time with him, but at the same time make him realize that his behavior is not at all acceptable and there are definitely better ways to get our attention. We pray about it a lot and are seeking wisdom from God on how to teach him and raise him in a way in which he feels secure and is also a respectful & obedient little boy. I know that if we work together and make sure that we give him enough love & enough discipline, things will eventually start to smooth out for us. Like I said in the beginning, I know it is just "a stage" and one day I will look back and smile about just how mischievous Brody really was :) :) :)

No comments: