Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No She Didn't!!

We just got back from Stevie B's pizza and I am still a little in shock - Why, you ask?? Well, some older lady decided that she would come over and talk to Kassidy-which is great, fine, nice....But, then she decided to stick her finger in her ice cream bowl and then stick her nasty, ice cream covered finger in Kassidy's mouth - GROSS!! I could not even respond because I was so shocked that she would do such a disgusting thing to my baby...I do not even want to know what kind of fungus she had growing on her finger or even when the last time she washed her finger was - Ewwww......

I never really understood why people feel like they have the right to do that kind of stuff to babies....you would never even consider doing that to another adult. My friend said I should have put ice cream on my finger and then stuck it in the old lady's mouth....I bet she would have just loved that :) :) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Night! d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g!.... i would have been dumbfounded too, what do you even begin to say?

Megan said...

Hi Robin, Megan Alday here. I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now and had to comment on this. How you didn't lose your testimony on that woman is beyond me! But I can imagine that it transpired so quickly that you thought to yourself, did that really happen??? You are so much a better person than I would have been.

The biggest thing I've had to get used to living in the South is how people, especially the older ones, are so much in your business and think nothing of it. When Allison was about 8 months old she and I ventured to the mall for a Chick-fil-A fix (which by the way we love too and their nuggets were Allison's first introduction to table food and it's been down hill ever since) and a change in scenery. There was a woman probably in her 80's there with her son and grandson. Of course she ooo'd and ahh'd over Allison and then asked me if she could hold her. I didn't know what to do. But as I was getting Allison out of her stroller for this woman to hold, I looked the frail blue haired lady over and thought I could definitely take her down if she tried to get away with my daughter. Of course never gave any thought to her extremely overweight son and small grandchild, but now thinking I could have taken them too. I was secretly hoping that Allison would suddenly decide to jump in to the "separation anxiety" stage but no, and she still hasn't to this day. I will say that the woman did tell me that she had just washed her hands so I have to give credit where credit is due. She must make a habit of this. So, I feel your pain. Not as severe as having a strange woman put her fingers in your baby's mouth, but close, I hope.

So, with my run on sentences and all, thank you for the humor in your stories. Hearing how you handle your 4 children gives me hope of being able to handle the 1 I have.

OH! I almost forgot. You really need to post a picture of you from Easter Sunday. Girl, you looked fabulous! I was talking with some friends and we saw you in the hall and we all commented on how nice you looked!!!

Robin said...

Thanks for suporting me in thinking that the whole "finger in my baby's mouth thing" was totally disgusting. I have thought about it a couple times today and I start to get so mad and totally grossed out...I wish I would have said something but I can't go back and change it...I will be soooo ready for the next old granny that tries to put her fungus filled finger in my sweet baby's mouth!!

Amy said...

BLEH!!!!