Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My first "old" moment

For the first time in my life, I actually feel kinda, sorda, just a tad bit....OLD!! I have always felt pretty young...like I still can't really believe I am married with four children. I have always felt like people probably see me with all my kids and consider me to be a "young" mom. I know my husband looks quite a bit older than me (just kidding, Matt)....I still think you are still a pretty hot, young man.

Anyways, back to this "old" moment. I got a high school graduation card from a girl back in my hometown in VA. She is very special to me and I have pretty much babysat her since she was born. She was even the flower girl in my wedding. She included a picture of herself as a senior but they had photoshopped in a picture of her on her first day of school (which by the way, I think is an awesome idea and I will be stealing the idea when my kids graduate). What made me feel so old, was that I remember her as that little girl starting school...I even can still remember her in diapers. And now she is getting ready to start college. That means I am really getting to be an old woman!! Ok, so maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but I really had a moment where I was like, "Wow, she grew up right in front of my eyes....It has been 18 years since I first started babysitting her."

All I know is that my kids better not even think about growing up that fast. I still cannot even believe I will have two kids in elementary school next year. I watched a show about weddings yesterday and started tearing up because I cannot even imagine Kenzie or Kassidy getting married...Or Micah going to college....Or Brody joining the circus - totally kidding....he says he is going to be a basketball player - we were thinking football would be more up his alley.

Well, now that I have totally gotten off the subject....I just had to share what I like to call my first "Wow, am I getting as old my parents?" momemt. (love ya mom & dad)

2 comments:

VJ said...

My first students are now married. That's scary.

And, I'm sad to say, no matter how many times I tell my kids, "Please don't grow up so fast," they never listen. Somehow I don't think they will.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel!! I'm like you, I still feel so young on the inside. It's when I start seeing this kids that I babysat as a teen that I start realizing that maybe i'm not quite as young as I feel! This is so sad and depressing to me.
I have known Jamie Walker and Cayla Best since the day they were born. I held them, changed their diapers, Jamie was also a flower girl in our wedding & I have heard countless stories about her adventures as a little girl from her dad(Dr.Walker), and now I see them both almost all grown up!! Cayla turned 20 this year and Jamie just finished her senior year of high school. Wow!! Time sure passes quickly!!
I can get really sad if I think about how quickly the past 6 years with Julianna has come and gone and how little time I have left with her as a "little" girl. She said told Craig the other day "ok, now i'm a 1st grader and in 9 more years I can drive!!" Oh my...please make time stand still!!