Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Embarrassing!!

I was reading an article in a magazine the other day about people's most embarrassing moments. They were all pretty funny and some were definitely extremely embarrasing. So, it got me to thinking about what my most embarrassing moment has been to date (because I know there will be many more in my future!!). Well, without a doubt it would have to be my "treadmill" story.

I was running on a treadmill in a gym when I got the brilliant idea to say a quick prayer about something that was weighing heavy on my mind. Well, I shut my eyes really quickly ( I don't think that was a conscious decision, just a habit) and of course, I step off the moving belt like a quarter of an inch and I totally lose my footing. I fall down (very hard and very loud) and land on my back . All the while, the belt is still moving so not only do I fall down but when I land, the moving belt actually throws me off the back end of the treadmill and I pretty much slam into the wall....imagine me in sorta of a fetal position pinned between the wall and the still moving full speed treadmill. As I struggle to get up, this old guy beside me just kinda nonchalantly looks down at me and says, "It has happened to all of us." Meanwhile, I am thinking, "No it hasn't, you jerk, and why don't you offer to help me up or at least ask me if I am permanently injured...."

Anyway, I get up, wipe myself off and get back on the treadmill and start running again. And, I don't even have to start the treadmill back up, because it is still running full speed!! As I begin to run again, I look down at my elbow and it is bleeding pretty bad, but I refuse to stop running and get off the treadmill. So, I just wipe the blood on my shirt and keep on truckin'. In thinking back, I guess I thought I would look more calm, cool, & collected if I just wiped myself off and got back on. Although inside, my heart was racing, I was totally mortified, and I wanted to punch the old guy beside me. I can still remember the whole event like it happened yesterday (and it was like 9 years ago)....

So, what's the moral of this story...."Pray with your eyes open!!"

1 comment:

Bruce Goddard said...

Robin, I don't know why but I seem to attract embarrassing moments. I've had more than a few but they embarrass Kathy more than they do me.

By the way, from one blogger to another, I enjoy your blogs.. very funny stuff -and real life. Keep up the blogging. You are causing alot of folks to smile.