Thursday, June 5, 2008

My hometown visit

I am in VA visiting my family this week and I am having a really nice time. It is kinda nice to be back in the little town where I grew up. I lived here my whole life and my parents still live in the same house that I grew up in. That is what I think is so nice about living in a small town - it seems that everyone knows each other and people tend to stay put...to grow old in the same house with the same friends. I have gone running a couple times here in VA and each time, I have had to stop so that I could say hello and give someone I grew up with a big hug. That is pretty cool to me - that fact that I still know all these people in my old neighborhood and not much has changed in the last decade since I left. I really want that for my kids. I want them to grow up in the same house/same neighborhood and form relationships with people that will last a lifetime.

I was talking with my dad about how nice it was to be back here in Covington but told him I did not know if I could ever live here again for two very important reasons - there is no Target and there is no Chickfila. How could I possibly survive without these two staples in my life?? I told him I was just teasing and of course the positives of being with my family would far outweigh no Target clearance racks and no yummy Chickfila food. It would sure help my budget out not to have these two temptations anywhere near me!!

Oh well, it has been nice to be back "home" for a few days. I sure wish ten hours did not separate me from my family and my beautiful little hometown here in VA!!

No comments: