Friday, June 20, 2008

My messy little munchkins

I have recently come to the conclusion that my house may never really be clean until all my kids are in college. It truly baffles me how it is nearly impossible to keep my house straightened up during the day. I seriously feel like I spend all day going from room to room picking up toys, clothes, books....I feel like I will spend an hour focusing on the living room and when I am finished and it looks all nice & clean, I will go to the kitchen and it looks like a tornado hit it!! So, I will spend an hour working on the kitchen, only to go back to the living room and find it totally trashed. It seriously feels like a never-ending battle.



Sometimes, I feel like I must just be lazy or so terribly unorganized, but even on the days when I feel like I give it my all, the housework still seems to get out of control. I just don't see how other moms do it. I hate to admit this, but I love to stop by someone's house and see that it is a little messy or cluttered....it makes me feel like maybe I am normal and not every mom is able to stay on top on all the things that need to be done each day.



I am constantly trying to tell myself that I need to just chill, and not always be focused on the mess. I need to enjoy my kids and let them be kids...which means there will be toys everywhere and crushed crackers all over my carpet. I know that one day I will have a very clean (and very quiet) house...but I will only be sad & lonely - totally wishing that my kids were still running around making the biggest mess ever!! So, hopefully, I can learn to relax a little more & try to find joy in the chaos. Kids will be kids and mine are awesome & I love them - mess and all!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! I think at this stage in our lives we'll never have a clean house unless our husbands take the kids away for a day (and we know that's not going to happen) :-)

Robin said...

I am glad I am not alone...I have a little different spin on your idea - how about we take the kids away for a day and our husbands clean the entire house?? Even better, if you ask me!!