Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A verse that inspires

"She senses the worth for her work and is in no hurry to call it quits for the day!" Proverbs 31:18

I read this verse in The Message the other night during my quiet time. It really stuck with me. It made me think about my normal days and as a mom....how sometimes I feel like I have done absolutely nothing of any "worth" throughout the day and I am counting down the minutes until the kids are in bed and I can put on my pjs and just lay on the couch and do nothing. This verse made me realize that what I do is important and I need to open my eyes and see that it is worth something - it is worth a lot - especially to 4 little people who rely on me for pretty much everything. I am shaping & molding them each day into the big people that they will eventually become. They depend on me for love, attention, nourishment, discipline, guidance.....And to say what I do each day is worthless is really saying that how my children turn out, how they feel at the end of each day, how their needs were met was totally unimportant to me! Ouch!!!

This verse has kinda become my "motto" for my days as a stay at home mom. I want to see the worth in all I do and I don't want to long for the day to be over....I want to cherish every moment and end up wishing my days were longer so that I could do more for my kids and have more time to help mold them into the people that God wants them to become!

2 comments:

Matt Walls said...

Good stuff, babe!

Billy Price said...

So glad you are back to writing...there is no higher calling than to be a mom...thank you for taking such good care of our precious grandkids...we are proud to call you our daughter...Mom