Saturday, January 24, 2009

One of "those" moments as a mom

Man, I blew it today....that has got to be the worst feeling as a mom. When you are in a "heated" situation and you have a split second to choose whether you will rise to the occassion and be the mom you know you need to be or whether you will go down in flames. Well, today - unfortunately - I chose to burn, baby, burn!! I had a perfect opportunity to set an example of how to react when things don't go your way, how to not let anger get the best of you, how to keep your mouth shut so you don't regret what comes out.... But, I messed up....I let my frustration get the best of me and boy, did I set a bad example for my kiddos.

But, now it is time to learn from my mistake and resolve to make a much wiser decision next time. Because, believe me, there will be a next time...and, all I can hope & pray, is that each time I fail, I learn from the failure and I become a better mother!!

1 comment:

Billy Price said...

we all make mistakes but that is how we learn...I am sure you remember a lot of mistakes that I made as your mom (and still make)...I pray I get wiser with age...so proud to call you my daughter..Mom