Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Back (at least for now)

Ok...so it has been a while since I wrote on my blog - I have been drawn over to the dark side - FACEBOOK!! I feel like I am keeping in touch with everyone over there so now I don't really feel the need to update my blog. I am still debating on whether I will just dump the blog or try to get motivated to keep it going....

Anyway, I thought about updating my blog because my kids have been saying some of the funniest things lately. They have been keeping me busy (as usual) but also very entertained! Thought I would share some of their memorable "words of wisdom"...

1. We were sitting at the table as a family and we got on the topic of Heaven....Brody was saying how he was going to like Heaven but Kenzie shouted out, "No, Brody, you are going to hell...." Of course, we were shocked, and told her that was not a nice thing to say....Well, she went on to explain that Brody was not saved and he had not asked Jesus into his heart so he was going to hell. She was actually stating what she knew to be the truth (of course, she did not factor in that he is only 4)...but we got a kick out of her going ahead and sending Brody to hell!!

2. I went to eat at Ichiban's with some friends and Kenzie could not believe that I went to eat at "Itchy Bobs"....so just thought that was gross!!

3. Brody is obsessed with Barack Obama...he told me he wants a Barack Obama doll - he said he saw one for sale on tv.

4. Brody just learned the term "dating" so he has been telling us who he is "dating" lately....I guess I won't share his secret loves but he is currently "dating" 3 or 4 girls at once!!

5. Micah said the sweetest thing yesterday - We prayed for Kenzie while she was at the dentist getting her tooth pulled and after we finished praying, he said "Well, we have done our part (prayed) and I guess we will have to trust God and let him do the rest..." Pretty wise for a 9 year old!!

6. And, finally, yesterday in the car....I heard Brody singing, "Its too late to order fries..." I died laughing because the real song lyrics are "Its too late to apologize...." He says Micah taught him those words...but it was so funny to hear my four year old singing that loud and proud!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Jon David was singing "It's too late" just last night. He was singing "You've got 2 days to apologize!"

Guess Micah has been really paying attention in Fusion this month. My lines on Sunday were (to Cammie) "We've done the best we can and now we let God do the rest."

Glad Kenzie had an uneventful trip to the dentist!!!

Jennifer Tucker said...

I guess Itchy Bobs are better than Itchy Boobs ;)

Unknown said...

See...blogging is just great...i'm still smiling after reading this post!! It was great!

Billy Price said...

what smart grandkids we have????
Keep writing...I love reading what you write..Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, those were all good. I'm particularly amused by Brody's love of all things Obama. I may have to find him an Obama tee shirt or something :-)