Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too Soon for School!!!


As you can see, our family had some fun watching the Hannah Montana 3-D movie last night. I love it when the kids get so into something and have so much fun! They have been anticipating this movie for like the last month. And, I think they really enjoyed themselves....actually, I think Matt had the most fun!!'


Anyway, I am trying to squeeze as much "fun" into the next week as possible. The movie last night was a great start. I am so totally bummed that my kids are starting back to school in a week. I actually like having my kids home with me....I know, I know....many of you moms think I am out of my mind. Trust me, I have some friends that are counting down the days and cannot wait for their kids to go back to school. I guess I am just alittle strange, but I actually get kinda sad when school starts back up. I guess I know that each new year only means that they are getting older and more mature...which is kinda hard for me to swallow sometimes.


So, I am going to try to make the last week of summer super fun...I am thinking a trip to Stevie B's pizza buffet, a trip to the local playground, a playdate or two with some friends, swimming at their grandparent's pool, playing more family soccer games, a movie night complete with popcorn and a lot of chocolate.....The list could go on but we will have to see how energized I am by mid-week. I mean, it sounds like a great idea to plan a week of fun for the kids but I have to wait and see how I hold up. Man, I sound old......

2 comments:

Robin said...

I had to add to my post because right after I wrote this, I went to the mailbox and had a $25 gift card to Cold Stone...what a nice treat - now I can add "ice cream party" to our list of fun things to do this week. Thanks, nee nee and poopa!! And the kids each got a free stevie b's pizza buffet coupon today. How cool is that??

Jennifer Tucker said...

I hope you have an awesome week with your kids! I'm glad I have a couple more weeks before the girls start. I'm like you...I love having them home. :)