Friday, July 25, 2008

Being the Best

I think I had one of my first "proud momma" moments recently....Kenzie is playing soccer this year and she LOVES to play. She is so motivated and wants to be the best player out there. Well, she did pretty good at tryouts and I can really tell that she has improved from last year. Of course, as the first game is approaching, I can feel myself trying to push her to practice and become a really awesome player. I even got her a soccer goal for the backyard and I am headed out tomorrow to get her some cleats. We played a little family soccer game tonight in the backyard and I caught myself saying...."Keep going Kenzie....Don't give up...Push harder....Kick Micah in the shin" - (Just kidding).

But in all this soccer hype that I am creating, I seem to have forgotten one little important thing- She is only 6 years old!!!! And it does not matter at all how "awesome" she is out there or how many goals she scores (they don't even keep score in her league), all that matters is that she has the best time ever and enjoys every moment she is on the field. I NEVER want to be one of "those" moms that is on the sideline yelling and screaming at not only my kids but every other kid & parent out there. I just want to be the mom that is yelling out words of encouragement and cheering them on to be the best they can and reminding them to always have fun!! So, I am very glad that I have learned this lesson very early in my kids lives and hopefully, I will remember it with each new sport and each new endeavor they take on. I want my kids to be the best at what they do, but I want them to always be having a good time while they are doing it!!

No comments: