Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Customer Service, yeah right.....

Ok, so I went to the store Tuesday Mornings today with Brody & Kassidy. I decided to take the stroller in since Kassidy loves to stand up in the shopping cart (and most of you know my history with kids & shopping carts!) Anyway, I saw a few things that I wanted to pick up for the kids for Christmas, so I had like 5 or 6 items in my hands and I was trying to push a cheap umbrella stroller that was just not cooperating. One worker saw me struggling big time to even get my stroller to move, but no offer to help...not a big deal, just pushed my way passed her. I went to the front register to ask the lady if I could sit my items up front until I finished shopping. Her response, "No, you will have to get a cart and push it." I proceeded to tell her that I was trying to push a baby stroller, so I would not be able to push a cart too. Sorry Charlie! She said, "Well, this is where people check out, so you can't leave your stuff here." This is where my blood began boiling...I mean, come on, really - you are not even going to let me sit my stuff up here for a couple minutes...because the store was just soooo busy (2 other customers in the whole place!). And, if you are familiar with Tuesday Mornings at all, you know it is like a flea market/discount store - it is by no means clean & organized - no one would have even noticed that I had set anything up front.

I decided to just walk away - mad as fire, but what are you going to do - probably not shop there again anytime soon...but, I really think they could care less! Seriously, I have had some bad experiences with customer service...but this one just really bugged me - a struggling mom, 2 kids, bum stroller, hand full of your products, but sorry we can't help you out at all?!?! Oh well, in the end, I kept my cool & did not say things that I regret now (might have thought them, but did not say them) - which to me was a huge accomplishment!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Maybe I need to hang out with you because my mouth always gets me in trouble, especially with customer no-service. Scott usually runs and hides if he is with me.

Robin said...

See, I am the exact opposite...I usually walk away but wish I would have said something...I always think of the perfect thing to say like 5 minutes too late!!