Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Smart Boy!!

Yay for Brody! Let me just say that he has finally decided that he wants to learn...and he is doing great! It has been such a struggle for me - trying to teach him. He is just so different from my older two children - they were so eager to learn and so easy to teach. Brody, on the other hand, has such a short attention span and had no desire to sit still long enough to let me teach him anything. (But, let me add that he is a ball of fun & energy...24/7 entertainment for our family!)

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks, he has learned to recognize the letters of the alphabet and today, he wrote his whole name...all by himself! And, trust me, I have been trying to work with him for a while now. He is definitely self-motivated....what I mean by that is he learned it when he was good and ready...he just was not ready any earlier and so, when he felt like it was time, he learned all the info in like 2 weeks. I am a proud mommy!

But, trust me, learning is not all he has been doing - yesterday, I found him with a pillow on the floor at the bottom of the bunk beds trying to talk Kassidy into jumping from the top bunk. So, don't think for a minute we have lost our spunky, crazy Brody...he will just be a smarter ball of energy...I can't decide if that will be a good thing or a bad thing????

No comments: